The drawing of a Will is an extremely important document and should not be overlooked.
By making a Will you decide who you leave your personal assets and belongings to rather than it being based on an arbitrary government statutory formula.
At Anthonys Solicitors we have considerable experience in the drawing of Wills, applying for Probate and in the drawing of Powers of Attorney.
When making a Will please consider some of the following points;
* Who you wish to appoint as Executor of the Will. This is the person(s) who are responsible in ensuring that the terms of your Will are carried out. They may also be responsible for collecting in money, superannuation and life insurance proceeds, investing money for minor beneficiaries. It is a very responsible role.
* To whom you wish to leave your personal assets, real estate, money etc.
* Whether you wish to make bequests (gifts) of money or other personal items to friends, relatives, charities, religious groups, or hospitals.
* If there are children under the age of 18 years (minors) whether you wish to appoint a legal guardian to care for them until they reach adulthood.
* If you wish to exclude a person(s) who you may think would challenge or contest your Will.
Powers of Attorney
The most common forms of Powers of Attorney are;
- General Power of Attorney
- Enduring and Financial Power of Attorney
- Medical Treatment Power of Attorney.
At Anthonys Solicitors we can sit down with you to discuss which Powers of Attorney best suits your needs and wants today or into the future.